Sunday, August 12, 2012

Post #81212

It’s been some time since I last updated my blog.  A lot has changed and writing a whole story of what’s happened isn’t what I wanted this for.

This is just for my thoughts.

I recently found out at work that a co-worker of mine has cancer.   It keeps coming to mind and I can’t shake the need the need to help.  It’s all I ever want to do in those situations.  Just hug the person and promise them everything will be okay.  But that’s not how things work and I listen.

The four Yorkies are over for the next five days.  Oogie still hides at the sight of me, but I try to make their stay as comfortable as possible.  Alfie isn’t really bothered either.  Until Nina wants to play with him, which leads to him slapping her.  It’s already happened twice.  I tell him not to but she’s really persistent.  Animal drama.

Valerie and another friend went off camping in a cabin this weekend.  They missed work Friday and I believe return today (Sunday). She was going to do a lot of firsts this weekend, so I hope it all works out.  Not too worried; she’s a smart cookie.

Now I have working out on the brain.  Today I have two classes this morning at the gym; cardio followed by Zumba.  I’ve attended Zumba twice and I’m really happy with my instructer, Catherine.  She teaches cardio also and my mother says it’s great, but everyone else is a woman.  Not that I mind, but I wonder if they mind me.  If they think I’m straight I look like a huge creep.

Maybe I’ll just jog before Zumba like last week.

I’ve been in creative spirits lately.  I’ve written a couple of new pieces and a project’s a brewing.  Hopefully it works out.  I’ll try to keep this alive as much as possible; even if it’s just a few lines of nonsense.  From now on, I finish what I start.

Here’s an outro:

free write 7.19.12

Write it out,
Whatever comes to mind, do it.
Do it do it do it
Over and over, until you’re comfortable with
This shit

Kinda fun to fuck the flow and just fucking go,
To not think about sounding good and showing growth,
It feels so good to not think,
Just word words words, without structure
A free space for a free night

I backspace,
He’s waiting on the couch wondering
About my words
How they reflect his behaviors,
If there will be a sting after I’m done,
But no…just a free write

Just a good time, with my art and my life
A night for reflecting, doing what I haven’t
In a while
Trying to change the subject, I almost did
Oh, I backspaced again

I needed to remember how to fill a page with my thoughts,
Without the worry of others,
I don’t know when I gripped onto public paranoia,
But it’s been rough

I needed this.

Just me and time…and Alfie.

I love this. I missed this.
I just made love for the first time in months.

2 comments:

  1. I've missed your writing! I wondered why you stopped. I actually think this free piece is better. More emotions and energy goes into it, its more real. Instead of forced perfection. It was so easy and fun to read!

    And go work out! Who cares if someone has a problem with you being there. If they can't say something to your face then its their problem. And if its cause your a male and their are uncomfortable, they should have joined an all girls gym. You pay your membership just like they do. Get your work out on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right. I will.

    I wish I could "like" comments here. lol

    ReplyDelete