Tuesday, April 5, 2011

No distractions

I'm at work. I'm not supposed to get myself distracted. My boss called to tell me she's running late. Distractions pursued. Now what? I decided to come on here because I been physically writing in my journal. It feels pretty good to express certain thoughts there. Some things are meant to be private, even if it's a senseless ramble. If you're a writer, it's comforting having the option.

I been thinking a lot lately about performing and what that means to me. Sounds like a gay school assignment, but it's long overdue. I'm always day dreaming and drooling over wanting to be known for performing what I write, or just writing itself, but I've done nothing to make this reality. I'm pretty tired of struggling fiscally, but who isn't nowadays? Still, it's not something I'm prepared to do the rest of my life. Okay, I got deep.

I've also been thinking about my writing. I think it has changed and matured alongside with me, but I want to explore my talents further. I guess that's why I've been writing every chance I get. Practice makes perfect. Also, I know I'm not limited to poetry. Lyrics are fun. Stories take you places.

I had an energy drink this morning, can't you tell? This energy was all for work, but I'm using it here. For my blog with no readers. I can't wait for the day something clicks into focus, but I don't expect it to come easy.

I'm going to work. Hard.

4 comments:

  1. I've actually been waiting for this. This entry. Mainly one that states you've been thinking about writing--your writing and performing, etc. (I've been thinking about this too. I have many projects in mind and I'm just begining to motivate myself--it's hard.)

    We all change/develop as writers, and you're right, the whole journal thing helps with that. We'll go to an open mic soon. It's APRILLLLLL. National Poetry Month, damnit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. word?

    I'm down! I'm also actually doing something I haven't in a while: protesting!

    I'm hoping to get something literary from it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how writers always write about wanting to write. I mean it's beautiful, but why not just do it? I know i personally write about wanting the time to explore and make things, and wanting the inspiration. Instead of sitting there writing about the wants i should do just act. Hope your fairing better with the pursuits of writing and creativity and expression and all that lovely stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh ps the best writing comes when your supposed to be doing something else... like at your desk at work. For me? Like today i was supposed to be on the phone with bills. Eyeroll. I much rather update my blog. So i did that. LOl.

    ReplyDelete